Ken is a retired partner with KPMG LLP’s Government Audit practice where he has been devoted exclusively to serving state and local governments. Ken has managed large complex engagements, handled complex accounting and auditing issues in governmental settings, audited federal programs under OMB Circular A-133, and reviewed financial statements issued under GAAP prescribed for governments. He has extensive experience with governments larger than $3 billion and has been the lead partner on three states and numerous complex local governments. Prior to becoming the KPMG Albany office managing partner, Ken spent 10 years in the firm’s Southeast region where he served as the partner in charge of the South Florida Government practice.
Ken’s governmental experience goes back 30 years when he started his career in Albany working on the State’s first financial statement audit. During his career, Ken has worked on a diverse set of governmental clients including being the signing partner on a number of billion dollar governments and schools of higher education. His specific relevant experience includes:
- Served as engagement partner on the State of New York financial statement audit
- Served as engagement partner on the State of South Carolina financial statement audit
- Served as engagement partner on the States of New York and Vermont single audit
- Member of KPMG’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Task Force
- Served as concurring review partner on the State of New Hampshire and Commonwealth of Massachusetts single audits
- Served as the engagement partner on the cities of Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and Miami Beach financial and single audits
- Served as concurring review partner on the City of Boston financial statement and single audits
- Served as the engagement partner or concurring review partner for numerous colleges and university single audits.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Yankee Farm Credit
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Center for Economic Growth
- Served on the Board of Trustees of Union Graduate College
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Greater Burlington YMCA
- Served as Adjunct Professor in Accounting at Union Graduate School and St. Michael’s College