We need your support.
Upstate Forever is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization relying on generous contributions from people like you. Here’s how you can help Upstate Forever defend your natural resources and promote balanced growth.
- Become a member, renew your membership, join our monthly donors, or make a one-time donation on our online giving site. You can also mail a check (payable to Upstate Forever) to our office at 507 Pettigru Street, Greenville, SC, 29601.
- Do your online shopping through Amazon Smile, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Upstate Forever
- Become an Upstate Legacy Partner, a group of Upstate Forever supporters who have made a lifetime gift and/or included our organization in their estate plans
- Join the Wyche Society, which is open to all who give $2,500 or more annually.
Upstate Forever currently offers the following categories of volunteering work:
- Event activities: may include managing event registration, coordinating with UF staff and other volunteers, setting up and breaking down of event equipment, organizing and administering event materials and refreshments, monitoring event progress, assisting attendees, providing information, and advocacy activities. Event volunteers provide their own transportation and personal equipment (including mobile phones and cameras), if needed.
- Stewardship: involves travel to and monitoring of conservation easement properties across the ten-county Upstate region. Stewardship requires training and background preparation prior to conducting field visits, necessitating a routine and regular time commitment. Stewardship volunteers coordinate and communicate with UF staff and landowners, and must have working knowledge and training in the use of GPS equipment, Microsoft Office and GIS, and in UF stewardship protocols. Volunteers must be willing and able to utilize their personal vehicle and cell phone, as well as provide proof of insurance, to conduct stewardship visits.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer Application and Waiver form and send it to Ginger Goldsmith at email@example.com.
You can also become a citizen water monitor through the SC Adopt A Stream program, which is led in partnership by SC Department of Health and Environmental Control and the CU Center for Watershed Excellence. Upstate Forever was instrumental in advocating for a statewide Adopt A Stream program and continues to provide support by leading periodic volunteer training sessions.
- There are no open positions at this time.
- There are no available internships at this time.