Upstate Forever is currently seeking an Office Manager/Executive Assistant to join our team. To apply, please review the job description below and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by September 26, 2019.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
The Office Manager will support staff in achieving Upstate Forever’s vision and goals for the Upstate. The primary responsibility of the Office Manager is to oversee the general operation of the office in an environmentally conscious manner. This is a 30-40 hour/week position (depending on skill set and availability) with health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and a Simple IRA retirement plan.
The Office Manager position includes office and property management duties.
- Receptionist - Provide general support to visitors
- Greet visitors and notify staff
- Maintain phone system including greetings
- Maintain organization materials
- Administrative Support - Provide general support to Executive Director and staff
- Manage Board of Directors’ correspondence, including meeting materials and calendars
- Assist in developing systems to manage board correspondence and committee activity
- Support the activities of the UF board and committees by taking minutes, catering, venue coordination and other related duties
- Coordinate maintenance of personnel records and assist staff with forms
- Manage IT access – set up email, network access and phone assignments
- Coordinate maintenance of health and retirement plans and assist staff with enrollment
- Monitor incoming and outgoing mail
- Organize meetings – scheduling, reservations, catering and records
- Manage corporate records and storage protocols
- Maintain daily check deposit log and prepare deposit report
- Check email for invoices daily and review invoices for payment, or obtain approval from appropriate staff
- Assist Financial department with invoice processing, data entry and filing
- Database support – support the development office in entering and maintaining donor data, and engage in special projects as appropriate.
- Office Management - Maintain office supplies, equipment and physical property
- Inspect all interior and exterior property and systems regularly
- Schedule building and grounds maintenance
- Coordinate with IT service provider on computer and copier maintenance
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning and security services
- Maintain an inventory and label all durable goods and computer software
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a self-starter and “manage up” mentality, flexibility, attention to detail, and good organizational and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office (including Word and Excel), familiarity with Apple products and Google Apps
- Experience with general facilities maintenance and management
- Experience with general computer and copier maintenance
- Good writing and editing skills
Compensation will be competitive and negotiable based on qualifications, skills, and experience. This could be a part-time or full-time position depending on skill set and availability. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a minimum of 30 hours/week.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 8:00 a.m. Thursday, September 26, 2019 at the latest. No phone calls, please; pertinent questions may be directed to the email above.
Upstate Forever is an equal opportunity employer.
Upstate Forever does not have internships on a regular schedule, but we do occasionally engage interns for specific projects based on qualifications and availability. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.