From rolling Blue Ridge Mountains to sprawling fields and farmlands, cool and pristine waters and vibrant towns, Upstate South Carolina is a special place to call home.
Upstate Forever is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects critical lands, waters, and the unique character of Upstate South Carolina. Over the past two decades, we have worked to protect the natural assets that make the Upstate so special. We are committed to ensuring that our communities are vibrant and retain their green spaces, outdoor heritage, and unique identities in the face of rapid development and sprawl.
Below you can find some resources to help you become acquainted with the Upstate's natural resources, get involved with Upstate Forever, and request your complimentary Nalgene water bottle.
- Take a hike. On our blog, we've compiled a list of five great less-traveled trails where you can take in the sights of some of the region's best waterfalls and wildflowers.
- Go on an adventure. Representative of our goal to protect 15,000 additional acres of critical lands by 2022, we’ve compiled 15 amazing outdoor activities you can enjoy across the Upstate — regardless of age, activity level, or recreational interest.
- Paddle the Upstate. We've mapped eight blueways throughout the Upstate to provide the information you need to plan a fun river adventure. Click here to download digital copies of each of these eight maps, or email Virginia Kolb at email@example.com to request your waterproof paper copy.
- Get involved. Find out how you can volunteer with or support Upstate Forever's mission to protect the Upstate's special places.
- Claim your Be the Upstate water bottle. We'd love to mail to you a 32-ounce Nalgene water bottle as our way of welcoming you to the Upstate. Complete this form to request yours.