Grab your gloves and a garbage bag and join us for a virtual community cleanup in celebration of Earth Month! Whether you pick up trash while walking the dog or hitting the trail, we can all make a big difference to help beautify the Upstate and keep debris out of our water sources. Snap a photo while out cleaning up and share it with us for your chance to win weekly prizes or a grand prize to be awarded at the end of April!
- Head out and clean up. You can pick up waste in your neighborhood, local park, trails, or other greenspace you visit during April.
- Snap and share a photo. Take a picture of yourself or your bounty. Share it with us by April 30 by tagging @upstateforever and using the hashtag #CleanUpstateForever on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. If you’d prefer email, send it to email@example.com.
- Win great prizes. We’ll send you a link to claim your free “Be the Upstate” sticker, and you’ll be entered to win a weekly drawing with the chance to win an Upstate Forever t-shirt and 32-ounce Nalgene water bottle. You’ll also be entered to win the grand prize drawing on April 30, which will include an SC State Parks All Park Passport!
- Wear medical or gardening gloves while handling waste. (Cheap kitchen tongs are another great, safe way to pick up garbage. Sanitize these after use and don’t repurpose in the kitchen.)
- Do not pick up any items that make you feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- Avoid touching your face or public surfaces after handling trash. Wash hands thoroughly.
- Wearing a face mask is recommended.
You are participating in this Virtual Cleanup Challenge at your own risk. By participating, you agree Upstate Forever is not responsible for any injury suffered and you waive any claim arising from participation in the event.