- Our Work
- Get Involved
July 29th, 2021
The Citizens Planning Academy is a course designed to help Greenville, SC residents, business owners, neighborhood leaders, and other citizen stakeholders understand processes that drive local planning and land use policy decisions as well as the roles and perspectives of diverse stakeholders. Apply now!
City of Greenville and/or Greenville County residents who are motivated to become more informed, effective, and influential participants in local land use planning and policy decision-making are encouraged to apply.
The Fall 2021 Citizens Planning Academy will encompass seven lunch-and-learn sessions in a hybrid format of three in-person sessions and four virtual sessions. The hybrid format with in-person and virtual sessions is designed to optimize convenience while also providing opportunities for networking and interactive learning.
• Wednesday, Sept. 15 - Kick-off Lunch/Session #1, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (In-person*)
• Wednesday, Sept. 22 - Session #2, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (Virtual)
• Wednesday, Sept. 29 - Session #3, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (Virtual)
• Wednesday, Oct. 6 - Session #4, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (Virtual)
• Wednesday, Oct. 13 - Hands-on Learning & Lunch/Session #5, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (In-person*)
• Wednesday, Oct. 20 - Session #6, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (Virtual)
• Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Lunch/Session #7, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (In-person*)
*Upstate Forever is monitoring the current status of Covid-19. In-person sessions may be changed to virtual sessions based on precautions recommended.
Participation this fall is free but requires a firm commitment to attend all in-person and virtual sessions. Internet access to support video and audio participation during virtual sessions is required. Enrollment is by invitation based on selection committee review and evaluation of applications submitted online by Wednesday, August 25 at 11:59 pm.
Please click here to apply for the Fall 2021 Citizens Planning Academy. Online applications will be accepted until Wednesday, August 25 at 11:59 pm.