There's still time to help ensure Greenville County Council votes YES on Tuesday, November 7 to require 50' riparian buffers for new development on all Waters of the State county-wide.
HERE's HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Call (preferred) and/or email your representative on Greenville County Council. Urge their YES vote on the proposed text amendment to require 50' ripairan buffers county-wide on all Waters of the State.
- Show up for County Council on Tuesday, November 7, by 6:00 pm wearing BLUE. County Council Chambers are located in the County Administration building closest to the parking garage, 301 University Ridge, Greenville, 29601. Join UF and partners to create a visual show of support for riparian buffers — the most cost-effective and fiscally responsible way to protect Greenville County’s rivers and streams.
Click here for a refresher on what riparian buffers are and what benefits they provide.
If you are a Greenville County resident and you don't know who represents you on County Council, click here and enter your address to find out.
Below are Greenville County Council members' phone numbers and emails:
- County Council Chairman Dan Tripp: 864.915.9212, DTripp@greenvillecounty.org
- County Council Vice-Chair Liz Seman: 864.501.4126, LSeman@greenvillecounty.org
- Michael Barnes: 864.877.9457, MBarnes@greenvillecounty.org
- Benton Blount: 864.483.2474, BBlount@greenvillecounty.org
- Rick Bradley: 864.483.3090, RBradley@greenvillecounty.org
- Ennis Fant: 864.467.2787, EFant@greenvillecounty.org
- Chris Harrison: 864.467.4917, CHarrison@greenvillecounty.org
- Butch Kirven: 864.228.9300, BKirven@greenvillecounty.org
- Alan Mitchell: 864.483.6952, AMitchell@greenvillecounty.org
- Joey Russo: 864.483.0689, JRusso@greenvillecounty.org
- Steve Shaw: 864.553.9713, SShaw@greenvillecounty.org
- Stan Tzouvelekas: 864.467.4958, email@example.com
Can we count on your support for Greenville's waterways?